The conclusions will be sent to the European Commission in order to be evaluated and included in the programming process for the Programming Period 2021-2027. It is proposed:
- The strengthening of the European Public-Private and Scientific Sector business cooperation programmes;
- The strengthening European Technology Parks support programmes and the support of good business innovation and networking practices;
- The strengthening of the Green Entrepreneurship and Circular Economy programmes;
- The strengthening of RIS programmes, SMEs’ clusters and Innovation Poles in the new Programming Period 2021-2027;
- The strengthening of the programmes related to the basic strategies of the European Union for the Programming Period 2021-2027 (Green and Digital Transformation beyond borders) and the development and geopolitical targeting for European cooperation in the Balkans by strengthening the available resources for cross-border and transnational cooperation programmes in mountainous and remote areas, such as those in the Balkans and Southern Europe;
- The continuation of the Interreg transnational cooperation Programme “Balkan-Mediterranean” (BalkanMed), as requested by the five (5) interested countries, as well as by entrepreneurship, environment and local self-government bodies. The BalkanMed Programme is considered to be contributing to the development of transnational synergies good practices and to be promoting European integration in the Balkans in the context of achieving the goals of economic and environmental diplomacy, the Green Deal and circular economy;
- The promotion of decentralised institutions and synergy structures of the sectoral and regional Programmes with the Territorial Cooperation Programmes (Interreg);
- The provision of the sectoral and Interreg Programmes for supporting the creation and development of the European Groupings of Territorial Cooperation;
- The creation of a decentralised NSRF executive structure at the Ministry of Interior (Macedonia and Thrace Sector) for the Programming Period 2021-2027;
- The continuation of the cooperation of the Hellenic Managing Authority of Interreg Programmes with the Ministry of Interior (Macedonia and Thrace Sector), as well as with the other government and collective bodies of the Balkan countries, as it has been doing over the last decade based in Thessaloniki, on the basis of the European principles of proximity and subsidiarity to the benefit of the wider Balkan region;
- The creation of a permanent organisation for Balkan cooperation with the participation of public, private, local, social and productive bodies of the Balkan Peninsula;
- The organisation of the 3rd Balkan Forum in May 2021. The suggested thematic is “Balkans 2021-2030: Development of creative collaborations and transnational networks for environmental sustainability and development in the Balkans”.
The 2nd Balkan Forum was held in strict compliance with public health protocols. Forty-four speakers (among which 22 Greek and 22 form other Balkan countries) representing from government, scientific and productive institutions of the Balkans participated in its two-day works. Moreover, 321 delegates registered on the online platform and attended the conference online, an additional 120 delegates attended it in person (divided into five distinct thematic sessions), while hundreds of other organizations and citizens attended through livestreaming.
- European Territorial Cooperation Programmes (Interreg) design in the Balkans and S.E. Europe in the Programming Period 2021-2027 & Capitalization of good practices
- Boosting innovative technology infrastructure in the Balkan region: Current situation and future possibilities